The Airkooled Kustoms Classic Volkswagen Shop Internship Program
“We’ll rag on you. We’ll set you to work cutting up a Dub with a Sawzall. We’ll let you inside (maybe) only to sweep. You’ll think Cinderella had it made, at times. Oh, and no pay for the first half-year. But if you show up, and SHOW UP, and don’t cull yourself from the pack, you may just find not only a job that will leave your hands bruised, burned, and greasy – but one where you find your Zen zone and the joy of building Dubs – the right way.”
Susan here, would you like me to translate that from Spookeze for you?
Airkooled Kustoms has re-opened its internship program, as our last intern is now a full-fledged krew member. Here are some of the peculiar particulars:
- The program is NOT for everyone.
- It is NOT paid.
- It requires 1-2 days a week, usually for six months.
- You will work hard.
- You will get dirty.
- You may even say #)(#*(! now and then because you’re either not sure you know what you’re supposed to be doing – or because you ARE sure.
- You’ll take on a temporary new name, until your shop name emerges. The new name is Timmy. (You’ll have to YouTube a clip of Dinosaurs TV Show – Timmy to understand).
- No, you may not lick the Dubs, no matter how juicy and gorgeous their paint finishes look.
- If, at the end of your internship, it becomes clear that you and the shop are an excellent fit, you may receive an offer of employment.
Some famous Timmy's in the lineage of Airkooled Kustoms Krew include Crazy Uncle Floyd and Dammit John. Both began with the same first tool - a broom. Both worked their butts off doing every task nobody in their right mind would want to do. Both showed up, and showed up every day. Both were ultimately hired. And both would say being a Timmy was one of the best moves they ever made.
If this prospect interests you, you should either seek psychiatric help or contact Roger at the shop by email: email@example.com