Love air-cooled Volkswagens? Got an aptitude for working with engines and enjoy solving puzzles? This may be just the opportunity you've always dreamed of.
Does this sound like you?
- Basic knowledge and experience in all facets of auto mechanics.
- Patient, able to follow instruction, but also able to work autonomously.
- You've got a love and passion for air-cooled Volkswagens and Porsches. If you’re “just looking for a paycheck” this is not the opportunity you’re looking for.
- You have a good temperament, attention to detail, good work ethic, sense of humor, integrity, and be okay with getting dirty.
- You've got your own tools, right?
- Obviously, you know there's no computer on-board these old cars. We're old school. The engineering is brutally simple, and sometimes mysterious.
- Must be able to function well in a team environment.
Here’s some of what you’d be doing in the shop:
- General mechanical maintenance
- Light welding
- Heavy lifting (at times)
- Use drills, grinders, and air tools safely
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Diagnose and replace general parts and accessories
- General shop cleaning
This is a close-knit shop (like family!) and it’s got to be a good fit for you and for us. We are a small shop with high-profile clients, so excellent attention to detail is an absolute must. We are building the vehicles our clients have been dreaming of for years (or remembering from long ago), and it’s GOT to be right.
It takes someone special to be a classic VW mechanic.