Love air-cooled Volkswagens? Got an aptitude for metalwork and enjoy solving puzzles? This may be just the opportunity you've always dreamed of.
Does this sound like you?
- Basic knowledge and experience in all facets of metalwork.
- Patient, able to follow instruction, but also able to work autonomously.
- You've got a love and passion for air-cooled Volkswagens and Porsches. If you’re “just looking for a paycheck” this is not the opportunity you’re looking for.
- You have a good temperament, attention to detail, good work ethic, sense of humor, integrity, and be okay with getting dirty.
- You've got your own tools, right?
- Obviously, they're not making some of these parts anymore. We're old school. If we can't buy it, we fabricate it. Custom means... custom. The engineering is brutally simple, and sometimes mysterious.
- Must be able to function well in a team environment.
Here’s some of what you’d be doing in the shop:
- MIG and TIG welding
- Heavy lifting (at times)
- Use drills, grinders, and air tools safely
- General shop cleaning
This is a close-knit shop (like family!) and it’s got to be a good fit for you and for us. We are a small shop with high-profile clients, so excellent attention to detail is an absolute must. We are building the vehicles our clients have been dreaming of for years (or remembering from long ago), and it’s GOT to be right.
It takes someone special to bring rusty old Dubs back to shiny, straight, and solid.